Sonia Gandhi to visit Nagaland tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
Congress president Sonia Gandhi will visit Nagaland tomorrow to campaign for the February 23 Assembly elections in the state.
She will address two public meetings at Mokokchung and Dimapur districts respectively tomorrow, Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) general secretary (Admn) Medokul Sophie said.
As part of the campaigning, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi will also address public rallies in Kohima, Mon and Tuensang districts tentatively on February 9 and 14, he said.
Other Central leaders, including Sushilkumar Shinde and A K Anthony, were also likely to address rallies in the state in the coming days, he said.
The Congress has been in opposition in Nagaland since 2003.
Meanwhile, Naga Students' Federation (NSF), the apex students body in the state, said in a memorandum today that it looks forward for humanely answer for the interest of the Nagas and not in the interest of any political parties.
- Trinamool submits preliminary list of candidates from UP
- ‘Jittery’ Mulayam aborts AMU trip
- Exit light: World’s most expensive party comes to a close
- ‘Modi-Mamata brother-sister, help minorities only in theory’
- Rafa saves match points to make final, meets Dolgopolov
- Sycophancy culture to bring CPM’s downfall: Mollah, Seth