Sonia Gandhi to visit Nagaland tomorrow
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Congress president Sonia Gandhi will visit Nagaland tomorrow to campaign for the February 23 Assembly elections in the state.
She will address two public meetings at Mokokchung and Dimapur districts respectively tomorrow, Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) general secretary (Admn) Medokul Sophie said.
As part of the campaigning, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi will also address public rallies in Kohima, Mon and Tuensang districts tentatively on February 9 and 14, he said.
Other Central leaders, including Sushilkumar Shinde and A K Anthony, were also likely to address rallies in the state in the coming days, he said.
The Congress has been in opposition in Nagaland since 2003.
Meanwhile, Naga Students' Federation (NSF), the apex students body in the state, said in a memorandum today that it looks forward for humanely answer for the interest of the Nagas and not in the interest of any political parties.