Sonia gifts projects to own constituency
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Election Commission sends notice to defiant Azam Khan over Kargil remark
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- BCCI moves SC to get access to statements by Srinivasan and Dhoni
On a daylong visit to Rae Bareli, Congress president Sonia Gandhi avoided any political speeches or making any statements related to the elections, but preferred to concentrate on launching several projects in her constituency.
From Fursatganj airport, she drove directly to the launch sites. Besides an FM radio station in Puranpur village of Amawan Block, she inaugurated branches of the United Bank of India, a water treatment plant in Saraimugla and a new railway line to connect Rae Bareli-Maharajgunj-Akbargunj. She also inaugurated 50 roads under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
In the six hours she was in the constituency, her cavalcade was stopped by locals placing demands. She met farmers from Lalganj, who had blocked the railway track demanding jobs in the Rail Coach factory. She headed from Fursatganj airport and inaugurated about 50 roads under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
In Maharajganj block, the site of the rail coach factory she had launched earlier, a delegation of farmers led by former Congress MLA Ashok Singh met her. Sources said Sonia has assured farmers that their demands would be met and a member of each family would be given a job in the rail coach factory.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move