Sonia gifts projects to own constituency
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
On a daylong visit to Rae Bareli, Congress president Sonia Gandhi avoided any political speeches or making any statements related to the elections, but preferred to concentrate on launching several projects in her constituency.
From Fursatganj airport, she drove directly to the launch sites. Besides an FM radio station in Puranpur village of Amawan Block, she inaugurated branches of the United Bank of India, a water treatment plant in Saraimugla and a new railway line to connect Rae Bareli-Maharajgunj-Akbargunj. She also inaugurated 50 roads under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
In the six hours she was in the constituency, her cavalcade was stopped by locals placing demands. She met farmers from Lalganj, who had blocked the railway track demanding jobs in the Rail Coach factory. She headed from Fursatganj airport and inaugurated about 50 roads under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
In Maharajganj block, the site of the rail coach factory she had launched earlier, a delegation of farmers led by former Congress MLA Ashok Singh met her. Sources said Sonia has assured farmers that their demands would be met and a member of each family would be given a job in the rail coach factory.
- Four yrs on, 12-yr-old heart patient awaits surgery date at KEM hospital
- A month later, no headway in ‘robbery’ case filed by US national
- E-way users to continue paying toll after 2019
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 863 crore of Jagan, aides
- Hawkers might soon get new space — rly station skywalks
- Modi fans vs Joshi fans in battle for Varanasi