Sonia invites former Brazil president
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
After Myanmar's pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi, former President of Brazil Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva has been invited by Sonia Gandhi to deliver the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture here on Friday. They were invited by Sonia in her capacity as chairperson and trustee of the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund.
Lula da Silva will also collect the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament & Development, which had been awarded to him in 2010.
Announcing his name for Indira Gandhi Prize in 2010, a release of the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust had noted that his "priority from the start was inclusive growth and consolidation and expansion of social programmes".