Sonia invites former Brazil president
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After Myanmar's pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi, former President of Brazil Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva has been invited by Sonia Gandhi to deliver the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture here on Friday. They were invited by Sonia in her capacity as chairperson and trustee of the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund.
Lula da Silva will also collect the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament & Development, which had been awarded to him in 2010.
Announcing his name for Indira Gandhi Prize in 2010, a release of the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust had noted that his "priority from the start was inclusive growth and consolidation and expansion of social programmes".