Sonia lays foundation stone of AIIMS in Rae Bareli
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Congress President Sonia Gandhi today laid the foundation stone of Uttar Pradesh's first All India Institute of Medical Sciences complex in her parliamentary constituency here.
Gandhi, who was accompanied by her daughter Priyanka Vadra, performed "bhoomi pujan" near old sugar mill at Munshiganj after which construction work for the building has begun.
The project is estimated to cost Rs 1,000 crore.
Gandhi also visited the District Agriculture Science Centre and launched Tata Consultancy Services' (TCS) training programme.
She also laid the foundation stone of city resource centre of housing and urban poverty alleviation ministry, to be constructed by HUDCO.
The Congress President also visited SimHans hospital at Gora Bazar and met 17-year-old Renu, who has a cleft lip, and enquired about her health.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express