Sonia lays foundation stone of AIIMS in Rae Bareli
Congress President Sonia Gandhi today laid the foundation stone of Uttar Pradesh's first All India Institute of Medical Sciences complex in her parliamentary constituency here.
Gandhi, who was accompanied by her daughter Priyanka Vadra, performed "bhoomi pujan" near old sugar mill at Munshiganj after which construction work for the building has begun.
The project is estimated to cost Rs 1,000 crore.
Gandhi also visited the District Agriculture Science Centre and launched Tata Consultancy Services' (TCS) training programme.
She also laid the foundation stone of city resource centre of housing and urban poverty alleviation ministry, to be constructed by HUDCO.
The Congress President also visited SimHans hospital at Gora Bazar and met 17-year-old Renu, who has a cleft lip, and enquired about her health.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia