Sonia lays foundation stone of AIIMS in Rae Bareli
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Congress President Sonia Gandhi today laid the foundation stone of Uttar Pradesh's first All India Institute of Medical Sciences complex in her parliamentary constituency here.
Gandhi, who was accompanied by her daughter Priyanka Vadra, performed "bhoomi pujan" near old sugar mill at Munshiganj after which construction work for the building has begun.
The project is estimated to cost Rs 1,000 crore.
Gandhi also visited the District Agriculture Science Centre and launched Tata Consultancy Services' (TCS) training programme.
She also laid the foundation stone of city resource centre of housing and urban poverty alleviation ministry, to be constructed by HUDCO.
The Congress President also visited SimHans hospital at Gora Bazar and met 17-year-old Renu, who has a cleft lip, and enquired about her health.