Sonia lays foundation stone of AIIMS in Rae Bareli
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Congress President Sonia Gandhi today laid the foundation stone of Uttar Pradesh's first All India Institute of Medical Sciences complex in her parliamentary constituency here.
Gandhi, who was accompanied by her daughter Priyanka Vadra, performed "bhoomi pujan" near old sugar mill at Munshiganj after which construction work for the building has begun.
The project is estimated to cost Rs 1,000 crore.
Gandhi also visited the District Agriculture Science Centre and launched Tata Consultancy Services' (TCS) training programme.
She also laid the foundation stone of city resource centre of housing and urban poverty alleviation ministry, to be constructed by HUDCO.
The Congress President also visited SimHans hospital at Gora Bazar and met 17-year-old Renu, who has a cleft lip, and enquired about her health.