Sonia returns after surgery
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Congress president Sonia Gandhi returned to the country on Thursday morning after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment.
She had left the country early August handing over the charge of day-to-day party affairs to a four-member committee. While the committee ceased to exist after her return, sources said she is unlikely to resume her normal routine as party president for the next few weeks as she has been advised rest. "Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say