Sonia returns after surgery
- Jat reservation bill approved by Haryana Cabinet, will be tabled in assembly today
- Congress to launch state-wide agitation against 'injustice' in Uttarakhand
- First judgment in coal scam case: Special court convicts Jharkhand Ispat, 2 directors
- Lahore park suicide blast: Taliban faction claims responsibility, kills over 72
- 63rd National Film Awards winners: Baahubali, Big B, Kangana
Congress president Sonia Gandhi returned to the country on Thursday morning after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment.
She had left the country early August handing over the charge of day-to-day party affairs to a four-member committee. While the committee ceased to exist after her return, sources said she is unlikely to resume her normal routine as party president for the next few weeks as she has been advised rest. "Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
- Pledging gold made everyone aware of the enormity of 1991 economic crisis
- To prevent another Brussels, the world must change its perception of Muslims
- Why is there such a strong association between Islamic State terror and Belgium?
- From Plate to Plough: Raising farmers’ income by 2022
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is on track. But community involvement is necessary
- Across the Aisle: Slogans, patriots and anti-nationals