Sonia returns after surgery
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
Congress president Sonia Gandhi returned to the country on Thursday morning after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment.
She had left the country early August handing over the charge of day-to-day party affairs to a four-member committee. While the committee ceased to exist after her return, sources said she is unlikely to resume her normal routine as party president for the next few weeks as she has been advised rest. "Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph