Sonia returns after surgery
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Congress president Sonia Gandhi returned to the country on Thursday morning after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment.
She had left the country early August handing over the charge of day-to-day party affairs to a four-member committee. While the committee ceased to exist after her return, sources said she is unlikely to resume her normal routine as party president for the next few weeks as she has been advised rest. "Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
"Wishes had poured in from all parts of the country from different sections of society including leaders of various political parties when she was undergoing treatment. After coming back here today, the Congress president has thanked all of them," he said.