Sonia returns after surgery
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
Congress president Sonia Gandhi returned to the country on Thursday morning after her surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment.
She had left the country early August handing over the charge of day-to-day party affairs to a four-member committee. While the committee ceased to exist after her return, sources said she is unlikely to resume her normal routine as party president for the next few weeks as she has been advised rest. "Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.