Son-in-law killed by father-in-law
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A 22-year-old man was allegedly hacked to death by his father-in-law, brother-in-law and other aides over a marital dispute near Nandikur village, about 25 km from here, a top police official said today.
The deceased was identified as Shankar, Superintendent of Police Praveen Madhukar Pawar said.
According to police, Yellappa, who was married to a woman and had two children from her, fell in love with Shankar's sister and subsequently married her.
After living with her for three months, he left her in Shankar's house and never took her back. Enraged at this, Shankar questioned Yellappa and his (father-in-law) Shettappa and verbally abused them, police said.
Yellappa and Shettappa along with some other persons went to Shankar's residence and allegedly hacked him to death last night, sources said.
A hunt is on for the accused,Pawar said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express