Son-in-law killed by father-in-law
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A 22-year-old man was allegedly hacked to death by his father-in-law, brother-in-law and other aides over a marital dispute near Nandikur village, about 25 km from here, a top police official said today.
The deceased was identified as Shankar, Superintendent of Police Praveen Madhukar Pawar said.
According to police, Yellappa, who was married to a woman and had two children from her, fell in love with Shankar's sister and subsequently married her.
After living with her for three months, he left her in Shankar's house and never took her back. Enraged at this, Shankar questioned Yellappa and his (father-in-law) Shettappa and verbally abused them, police said.
Yellappa and Shettappa along with some other persons went to Shankar's residence and allegedly hacked him to death last night, sources said.
A hunt is on for the accused,Pawar said.