Sonu Nigam, Bhushan Kumar lock horns, Shekhar Suman's 'Heartless' suffers
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Shekhar Suman's directorial debut 'Heartless' is in trouble as far as the music of the film is concerned. The Film's music was to launch on February 7, however, singers Sonu Nigam and Sunidhi Chauhan are caught in an ongoing feud with Bhushan Kumar, the head of T-Series who has bought the music rights of the film.
Sonu and Sunidhi, who recorded songs over a year ago for the film are refusing to sign contracts, which will deprive them of their royalty. Following which, Bhushan Kumar now wants Shekhar Suman to replace the singers. Sonu Nigam took to Twitter to post his thoughts on the issue.
"I'd rather sit at home and do Yoga than get into this mess. Shekhar ji is a good man, and understands our compulsions. I've asked him to get my voice dubbed by anyone who agrees to sign this... I'm sure the music will speak for itself," he posted.
Sonu further said that it might be time for him to retire from the music industry.
"My parents didn't give birth 2 me, 2 be subservient to a music company just because I can sing," posted Sonu Nigam.
"You have to hear my song in Heartless. .. it's the soul of the film. Shame that Shekhar ji has to suffer bcuz of all this."
'Heartless' stars Shekhar's son Adhyayan, newcomer Ariana Ayam, Om Puri and Deepti Naval.