Sony Xperia Z Ultra launched in India at Rs 46,990
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Sony India on Tuesday launched its latest premium large-screen Android smartphone – Sony Xperia Z Ultra - in India, priced at Rs 46,990 and will hit the stores on August 2.
The online retailers are taking pre-orders for the device at Rs 44,990. Sony has partnered with Vodafone India to offer 8GB of free data download for a period of two months with this device.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra phablet has display resolution of 1920x1080p and 344ppi pixel density. Under the hood runs the quad-core Snapdragon 800 CPU, Qualcomm's latest and powerful processor, clocked at 2.2GHz, backed by 2GB RAM. This device has the same design language as Xperia Z smartphone and features on-screen keys as well as scratch-resistant and shatterproof glass.
Powered by a 3,050mAh battery, Xperia Z Ultra packs 16GB internal storage and supports microSD card expansion up to 64GB. Connectivity suite of Sony's latest gadget consists of 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and microUSB 2.0. On the back is an 8MP camera, while a 2MP unit is placed in the front.
It is the biggest full HD phone in the world and is resistant to water as well as dust.
Sony India marketing head said the Xperia Z Ultra will come preinstalled in Sony TV and Sony Music apps, along with free Bigflix subscription for a month. The company also launched accessories like stereo Bluetooth headset and magnetic charging dock.
The smartphone is available in three colours – black, white and purple.
* 6.4-inch TFT Triluminos display with a resolution of 1080x1920 pixels and Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass
Weight:* 212 grams
* 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor
* 2GB RAM
* 8-megapixel rear camera with Exmor RS sensor
* 2-megapixel front facing camera
* 16GB internal storage expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov