Soon, 2 ropeways, trains for Vindhyachal pilgrims
- Telangana LIVE: Process adopted to divide Andhra Pradesh unfortunate, Cong alone can't be blamed, says Chiranjeevi
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
In order to make the devotees' visit to Vindhyachal Dham in Mirzapur convenient, the state government is going to introduce ropeway facility for the pilgrims.
For nearly 75 lakh devotees who visit the famous temples in Vindhyachal every year, the ropeway, a lifting device used in transporting things across rivers or mountains, will eradicate the uphill task of climbing close to 275 steps to perform the 'trikone parikarma' of Vindhyavasini Devi, Ashtbhuja Devi and Kali Temple in Kali Khoh (situated in a cave).
Besides the two ropeways - "the feasibility report for which has already been prepared by a private consultant" - about 5 km-long railway tracks to run trains modeled after the small ones operational in children's amusement parks will also be laid down.
The feasibiliy report "suggests that there is huge potential to enable the ropeway facility in Vindhyachal Dham."
"We will soon invite bids for the project," Alok Ranjan, Industrial and Infrastructure Development Commissioner (IIDC) confirmed on Saturday.
The parikarma, with a total distance of 16 kilometers, especially becomes an arduous task for children and aged devotees.
"We will cover the whole 'trikone parikarma'. Such ropeway facility already exists at Maiher Dham in Madhya Pradesh. It saves time and is convenient for the devotees," Ranjan said.
"We have been asking for this facility for quite some time now. Performing the parikarma will now become easy for the devotees," Pandit Mohit Mishra, head priest, Vindhyavasini Dham said.
"The total cost of the project will be more than Rs 200 crore. The ropeway will come up on PPP model while the railway line project will be taken after that," Ranjan informed.
The Uttar Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation will act as the nodal agency for the project. Besides having already prepared a detailed project report, UPSTDC has also sought clearance from forest, fire and other concerned departments.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state