Soon a dry port at Kila Raipur
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
To boost industrialisation, trade and commercial activity in Punjab, the state government would soon set up a dry port near Kila Raipur in Ludhiana to link it with the Eastern and Western Railway Freight corridor. A decision to this effect was taken in the 92nd meeting of the Project Approval Board held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here on Thursday.
The dry port will be a joint venture of Punjab State Container and Warehousing Corporation Limited and Container Corporation of India Limited ó a Navratna PSU of Ministry of Railways, an official spokesperson said here.