Soon a dry port at Kila Raipur
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
To boost industrialisation, trade and commercial activity in Punjab, the state government would soon set up a dry port near Kila Raipur in Ludhiana to link it with the Eastern and Western Railway Freight corridor. A decision to this effect was taken in the 92nd meeting of the Project Approval Board held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here on Thursday.
The dry port will be a joint venture of Punjab State Container and Warehousing Corporation Limited and Container Corporation of India Limited ó a Navratna PSU of Ministry of Railways, an official spokesperson said here.