Soon a dry port at Kila Raipur
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
To boost industrialisation, trade and commercial activity in Punjab, the state government would soon set up a dry port near Kila Raipur in Ludhiana to link it with the Eastern and Western Railway Freight corridor. A decision to this effect was taken in the 92nd meeting of the Project Approval Board held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here on Thursday.
The dry port will be a joint venture of Punjab State Container and Warehousing Corporation Limited and Container Corporation of India Limited ó a Navratna PSU of Ministry of Railways, an official spokesperson said here.