Soon, Alandi RTO to issue licences
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
The excess rush at the Shivajinagar Regional Transport Office (RTO) to procure driving licences is likely to go down soon as the state transport department is planning to start a licence issuing facility at the RTO office on Alandi Road where currently only driving tests are conducted, stated a press release issued by the RTO on Saturday.
State transport secretary Sangeet Rao was in the city to take a stock of things at the RTO office here. After visiting the Shivajinagar RTO, Rao also visited the Alandi Road RTO. On hearing that the Alandi office only conducts driving tests and to collect the licences people have to throng the Shivajinagar office, Rao has called a special meeting with the licence providers on Tuesday in Mumbai.
Chandrakant Kharatmal, RTO Pune, welcomed Rao at Shivajinagar office. Kharatmal said that with the increasing work load, the RTO is falling short of space. Rao directed the officials to acquire some land from the Pune Municipal Corporation. He also directed the RTO officials to clear the pending cases.