Sooraj Pancholi admitted to beating up Jiah Khan: Cops
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sooraj Pancholi, arrested for abetting actor Jiah Nafisa Khan's suicide, has allegedly confessed that he had beaten her up following a fight in Goa eight months ago, after which she slit her wrist. According to Juhu police, Sooraj has admitted to being in a live-in relationship with her. Police are contemplating adding additional charge under Section 498-A (harassment of a woman by husband or in-laws) of IPC.
Police have also received the medical report from a Juhu hospital where Jiah, also known as Nafisa Khan, had undergone abortion.
"The pregnancy was not terminated through pills. We have sent summons to the doctor who performed the surgery as well as Jiah's friends who knew about it," said Chhering Dorje, DCP (zone 9).
Sooraj told us that the two met through a social networking site, and began dating later, said an officer. On many occasions, Jiah stayed over at the Pancholi residence, and Sooraj stayed over at Sagar Sangeet building, where Jiah resided, he added.
"A day before Jiah's death, the couple stayed over at Sooraj's Juhu residence," said Dorje.
In the past year, the couple went to places like Khandala, Lonavala and Goa for holidays, Sooraj told police.
Forensic report has confirmed that the handwriting in the six-page dying declaration matches that in the five letters found at Pancholi residence, police said. They are, however, waiting for the final report of handwriting analysis.
Meanwhile, Jiah's family members claimed that they were getting calls from the film fraternity telling them to withdraw their case. Jiah's mother Rabiya, 59, told Newsline that she would not buckle under pressure. "I will inform police about these threats," she said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express