Sorry chapter of M K Alagiri performance as Union minister
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
DMK'S pullout from UPA has ended the tenure of one of the biggest non-performing ministers. M K Alagiri, who was Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister, was rarely in office and never replied to a question in Parliament since his induction in 2009.
While day-to-day duties were performed by MoS Srikant Jena, Alagiri used to be quick to block Jena's opinions when it came to deciding important policies like fertiliser subsidy or pricing of medicines. His insistence on speaking only in Tamil meant he interacted only with Tamil-speaking officials.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?