Sourav Ganguly is one of India's greatest cricketers: Shah Rukh Khan
- V K Singh dismisses Manish Tewari's remarks, Cong says no truth in Express troop movement story
- Indian Express story on troop movement unfortunate but true: Manish Tewari
- Sri Lanka drops plan to buy fighters from Pak after India objects
- Fiery preacher arrested in terror probe divides, inspires Muslims
- Pathankot attack: 2 ‘intruders’ chased, turned out to be pigs
Shah Rukh Khan and Sourav Ganguly may not be the best of friends but the Bollywood actor considers the former India captain as one of the "greatest" cricketers of the country.
"Beyond IPL and beyond the bits and pieces (written about) Sourav Ganguly without any argument is one of the greatest cricketers this country has ever produced.
"We can never take that away from him by any discussion," the KKR principal owner said during a promotional event today.
"I love him yaar. He is the coolest cricketer ever produced. He is a hero for me. With him, we put up our team together. But due to situations and circumstances that happened unfortunately a couple of years ago he did not play for us," he added.
As there are speculations that the retired cricketer might make another comeback for the newly-owned team by Sun TV, Khan chose to avoid any more controversy wishing Ganguly
all the best for future.
"I will always respect him, love him like a brother. If he's free, we would invite him to watch our matches, cheer the boys when KKR play at Eden next year. I wish him all the best in any endeavour."
SRK also said he was looking forward to the sixth edition of IPL.
"I am always attached to the city of Kolkata. Be it because of IPL or anything else. It was a great last season having won the IPL V. Now we are looking forward to IPL 6.