Sourav Ganguly is one of India's greatest cricketers: Shah Rukh Khan
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Shah Rukh Khan and Sourav Ganguly may not be the best of friends but the Bollywood actor considers the former India captain as one of the "greatest" cricketers of the country.
"Beyond IPL and beyond the bits and pieces (written about) Sourav Ganguly without any argument is one of the greatest cricketers this country has ever produced.
"We can never take that away from him by any discussion," the KKR principal owner said during a promotional event today.
"I love him yaar. He is the coolest cricketer ever produced. He is a hero for me. With him, we put up our team together. But due to situations and circumstances that happened unfortunately a couple of years ago he did not play for us," he added.
As there are speculations that the retired cricketer might make another comeback for the newly-owned team by Sun TV, Khan chose to avoid any more controversy wishing Ganguly
all the best for future.
"I will always respect him, love him like a brother. If he's free, we would invite him to watch our matches, cheer the boys when KKR play at Eden next year. I wish him all the best in any endeavour."
SRK also said he was looking forward to the sixth edition of IPL.
"I am always attached to the city of Kolkata. Be it because of IPL or anything else. It was a great last season having won the IPL V. Now we are looking forward to IPL 6.