Sourav’s father passes away
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly's father Chandi Das died on Thursday after suffering a massive heart attack, elder son Snehashis said.
Das, 75, was taken to a city hospital near Alipore but was declared dead on arrival.
He is survived by his wife Nirupa and two sons. Das played cricket at club level and later became a cricket administrator, rising to the ranks of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) joint-secretary and then chairman of the board of trustees. He also ran a flourishing printing business. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee mourned his death and visited the Ganguly residence on Thursday evening.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid