Souravís father passes away
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly's father Chandi Das died on Thursday after suffering a massive heart attack, elder son Snehashis said.
Das, 75, was taken to a city hospital near Alipore but was declared dead on arrival.
He is survived by his wife Nirupa and two sons. Das played cricket at club level and later became a cricket administrator, rising to the ranks of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) joint-secretary and then chairman of the board of trustees. He also ran a flourishing printing business. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee mourned his death and visited the Ganguly residence on Thursday evening.