Souravís father passes away
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly's father Chandi Das died on Thursday after suffering a massive heart attack, elder son Snehashis said.
Das, 75, was taken to a city hospital near Alipore but was declared dead on arrival.
He is survived by his wife Nirupa and two sons. Das played cricket at club level and later became a cricket administrator, rising to the ranks of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) joint-secretary and then chairman of the board of trustees. He also ran a flourishing printing business. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee mourned his death and visited the Ganguly residence on Thursday evening.