Souravís father passes away
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly's father Chandi Das died on Thursday after suffering a massive heart attack, elder son Snehashis said.
Das, 75, was taken to a city hospital near Alipore but was declared dead on arrival.
He is survived by his wife Nirupa and two sons. Das played cricket at club level and later became a cricket administrator, rising to the ranks of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) joint-secretary and then chairman of the board of trustees. He also ran a flourishing printing business. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee mourned his death and visited the Ganguly residence on Thursday evening.