Souravís father passes away
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly's father Chandi Das died on Thursday after suffering a massive heart attack, elder son Snehashis said.
Das, 75, was taken to a city hospital near Alipore but was declared dead on arrival.
He is survived by his wife Nirupa and two sons. Das played cricket at club level and later became a cricket administrator, rising to the ranks of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) joint-secretary and then chairman of the board of trustees. He also ran a flourishing printing business. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee mourned his death and visited the Ganguly residence on Thursday evening.