South African Indian newly-weds killed enroute to honeymoon
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Narendra Modi tukde-tukde kar dega: Rahul Gandhi
- EC notice to Azam for Kargil, other remarks
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- April 9 Campaign roundup: Gujarat model "balloon" will burst the same way as 'India Shining', says Rahul
A young Indian-origin South African couple have been killed in a road accident enroute to their honeymoon destination, days after their Hindu wedding.
Medical technologist Ashley Reddy, 30, and his bride Depika, 29, were killed in a head-on collision on a highway here on Monday. They had a dream wedding on Sunday after a courtship of three years as they had decided to wait for Ashley to complete his Masters.
The accident also left dead a 15-year-old teenager who was holidaying in the area and had hitched a ride in the other vehicle with a friend.
The vehicles involved in the accident were mangled beyond recognition and paramedics, who arrived on the scene, said the couple and the teenager had been killed instantly.
The Indian community were left reeling under a state of shock as some 600 guests, who had congratulated the Reddys on Sunday, were gathering at the family home again, this time to express shock and offer their condolences as the couple were cremated together. The driver of the other vehicle is reportedly in hospital and may face a charge of culpable homicide.
- Parties promise homes to people who don’t even own a radio
- 4 years on, Mirchpur village’s Dalits still scared to return
- Delhi-NCR votes today for Lok Sabha polls
- Sebi receives complaints on Ranbaxy trade, seeks data
- BJP’s Kerala hopes start in Kasaragod, centre of divide, Otherwise, it’s still largely bipolar
- Trading at BSE disrupted for second time this week