South African Indian newly-weds killed enroute to honeymoon
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
A young Indian-origin South African couple have been killed in a road accident enroute to their honeymoon destination, days after their Hindu wedding.
Medical technologist Ashley Reddy, 30, and his bride Depika, 29, were killed in a head-on collision on a highway here on Monday. They had a dream wedding on Sunday after a courtship of three years as they had decided to wait for Ashley to complete his Masters.
The accident also left dead a 15-year-old teenager who was holidaying in the area and had hitched a ride in the other vehicle with a friend.
The vehicles involved in the accident were mangled beyond recognition and paramedics, who arrived on the scene, said the couple and the teenager had been killed instantly.
The Indian community were left reeling under a state of shock as some 600 guests, who had congratulated the Reddys on Sunday, were gathering at the family home again, this time to express shock and offer their condolences as the couple were cremated together. The driver of the other vehicle is reportedly in hospital and may face a charge of culpable homicide.