South civic body adds more areas to online building plan sanction scheme
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The South Municipal Corporation has extended its scheme of sanction of building plans online to properties on notified roads, industrial plots and in village abadis.
At present, plans for residential buildings can get online sanction.
Also added to the scheme are application for approval to start construction and information on completion of work up to plinth level.
"Earlier, the online scheme was only for residential plots. It provided hassle-free procedure without any manual intervention for examination of building plan or charges. The building department of the corporation has decided to extend the online scheme after getting the good response from the public," a senior official said.
The building department also plans to cover other sections and modules of colonies, such as special area and extension.
Industrial units sent notice
The South corporation issued notices to 95 industrial units in Narela zone to shut down or face sealing. Of these, at least 50 units closed down, while 10 were sealed.