South corpn to upgrade community halls, double the rent
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Booking of community halls in South Delhi is set to become dearer. The Standing Committee of the South Municipal Corporation has approved the upgrading of Category A halls — one each in four zones. These halls will be upgraded to air-conditioned ones. The booking amount has also been doubled from the existing Rs 15,000 to Rs 30,000.
After objections from councillors on hiking the booking amount, it was decided that only one community hall in each zone will be made air-conditioned on an experimental basis.
One hall each in Green Park, Rajouri Garden and Mahavir Vatika will be upgraded.
Apart from rent of the hall, the party booking the hall will also have to pay an additional charge for the use of air-conditioners.
"Those who want to use the air-conditioners, will have to pay extra. This will save the corporation from incurring additional electricity charges," Kiran Dabral, additional commissioner, South corporation, said.
Objecting to the hike in the booking amount of community halls, Leader of the Opposition Farhad Suri said: "There are chances that air-conditioners will not work due to poor maintenance. And you will still charge double the amount from people."
The community service department officials said the proposal to make halls air-conditioned was prepared on request made by residents of these areas.