South director SS Rajamouli wants to direct Aamir Khan
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Renowned Telugu director SS Rajamouli has expressed his desire to make a Bollywood film with superstar Aamir Khan.
"I love all actors from here. But I love Aamir Khan the most. I adore him and treat him as a guru. I like the way he makes films, the way he promotes them. If there is a chance, I would jump to direct him because I would learn so much from him," said Rajamouli, adding that from 'Sarfarosh', he loved all of Aamir's films.
The director's 2006 film 'Vikramarkudu' was remade in Hindi as 'Rowdy Rathore'. The film, starring Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead, was a huge hit.
His comedy thriller 'Maryada Ramanna' has been remade as 'Son of Sardaar' in Hindi. The film, released this Diwali with Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Sonakshi Sinha and Juhi Chawla in the lead, is doing well at the box office.
"I would love to do a Bollywood film. I would like to make a historical or a mythological movie. But again when time will come I don't know what I will do," Rajamouli said.
"Our mythology and history have strong and powerful content. Like the story between Rana Pratap and Akbar, Shivaji and Aurangzeb. It takes a lot of effort to bring that on screen. But I would love to take that challenge," he added.
So, will Aamir be the best and immediate option for his Bollywood debut, Rajamouli says, "That depends on the story, even though I would love to work with him. I cannot make a story that would not suit him and go ask him."
On when he sees his Hindi film debut happening, the director said, "I don't know. I am still in the planning stages. I am planning it to happen in next two years time."
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™