South remakes hit in Bollywood due to star presence: Prabhudheva
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Choreographer-director Prabhudheva feels southern remakes are getting recognised in Bollywood because of the presence of big stars.
Prabhudheva has made three films in Hindi and all of them have been remakes. Two of his films, Salman Khan starrer Wanted (remake of Telugu film Pokiri) and Akshay Kumar Rowdy Rathore (remake of Telugu film Vikramarkudu) had names like Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar.
"The remakes of south films are getting highlighted now because of big stars here. As big Bollywood heroes are doing these films, this space (of remakes) is getting established further," Prabhudheva said at an event here.
With his third and recent directorial venture Ramaiya Vastavaiya (again a remake of Telugu film Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana), Prabhudheva launched newcomer Girish Kumar opposite Shruti Hassan.
Prabhudheva said South Indian films' remake was not a new phenomenon in Bollywood.
"Remakes were earlier as well, it is not a new trend. South films are made here and vice versa. They are working is a good sign. Now everyone is working together," he said.
Prabhudheva is happy with the response his latest released romantic film has received.
"We are happy with the response to the film and Girish. He is a surprise package and we are happy audience have accepted him," he said.
Meanwhile, Prabhudheva is excited to have teamed up with Shahid Kapoor for Rambo Rajkumar. This film also stars Sonakshi Sinha.
The director is all praise for Shahid for his another forthcoming film Phata Poster Nikhla Hero.
"Shahid looks amazing in this film and I am looking forward to see it," Prabhudheva said.
Phata Poster Nikhla Hero is an upcoming romantic comedy film starring Shahid and Ileana D'Cruz. Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, the film is releasing on September 20.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express