Southern industry in shock at actress Manjula Vijaykumar's sudden death
- Jat reservation bill approved by Haryana Cabinet, will be tabled in assembly today
- Congress to launch state-wide agitation against 'injustice' in Uttarakhand
- First judgment in coal scam case: Special court convicts Jharkhand Ispat, 2 directors
- Lahore park suicide blast: Taliban faction claims responsibility, kills over 72
- 63rd National Film Awards winners: Baahubali, Big B, Kangana
Veteran actress Manjula Vijayakumar, who had worked in more than 100 films in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada, died in Chennai today due to a stomach injury. She was 59.
Manjula is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Manjula made her debut as a supporting actress in a 1969 film Shanthi Nilayam. She was seen in her first lead role in Rickshawkaran (1971).
In the late '80s, Manjula was seen in supporting roles. She has worked with the likes of NTR, Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini Ganesan, Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth.
As the news of her demise spread, southern actors took to Twitter to mourn the loss of the late actress.
Deepest condolences to Thirumathi Manjula Vijayakumar's family ,the film industry has lost another versatile actor and a good human being— Sarath Kumar (@realsarathkumar) July 23, 2013
RIP manjula vijayakumar aunty..adorable n affectionate. .you lived life queen size. a great mother n friend..remembering all the laughter. .— aishwaryaa.r.dhanush (@ash_r_dhanush) July 23, 2013
Rip Manjula aunty:(Thx fr always wishn me well.Heartfelt condolences 2 uncle,preeta, papa n d family.Losin a parent is an inxplainable pain.— Trisha krishnan (@trishtrashers) July 23, 2013
RIP Manjula aunty..life will. Never be the same without u..u will alwz b d most beautiful woman to me..love u so much..— khushbusundar (@khushsundar) July 23, 2013
Khushbu further tweeted:
My kids will miss their lovable ammama n my hubby his GF..u wr instrumental in getting me married..I owe my happiness 2 u..bye bye beautiful— khushbusundar (@khushsundar) July 23, 2013
- Pledging gold made everyone aware of the enormity of 1991 economic crisis
- To prevent another Brussels, the world must change its perception of Muslims
- Why is there such a strong association between Islamic State terror and Belgium?
- From Plate to Plough: Raising farmers’ income by 2022
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is on track. But community involvement is necessary
- Across the Aisle: Slogans, patriots and anti-nationals