Southern industry in shock at actress Manjula Vijaykumar's sudden death
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Veteran actress Manjula Vijayakumar, who had worked in more than 100 films in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada, died in Chennai today due to a stomach injury. She was 59.
Manjula is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Manjula made her debut as a supporting actress in a 1969 film Shanthi Nilayam. She was seen in her first lead role in Rickshawkaran (1971).
In the late '80s, Manjula was seen in supporting roles. She has worked with the likes of NTR, Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini Ganesan, Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth.
As the news of her demise spread, southern actors took to Twitter to mourn the loss of the late actress.
Deepest condolences to Thirumathi Manjula Vijayakumar's family ,the film industry has lost another versatile actor and a good human being— Sarath Kumar (@realsarathkumar) July 23, 2013
RIP manjula vijayakumar aunty..adorable n affectionate. .you lived life queen size. a great mother n friend..remembering all the laughter. .— aishwaryaa.r.dhanush (@ash_r_dhanush) July 23, 2013
Rip Manjula aunty:(Thx fr always wishn me well.Heartfelt condolences 2 uncle,preeta, papa n d family.Losin a parent is an inxplainable pain.— Trisha krishnan (@trishtrashers) July 23, 2013
RIP Manjula aunty..life will. Never be the same without u..u will alwz b d most beautiful woman to me..love u so much..— khushbusundar (@khushsundar) July 23, 2013
Khushbu further tweeted:
My kids will miss their lovable ammama n my hubby his GF..u wr instrumental in getting me married..I owe my happiness 2 u..bye bye beautiful— khushbusundar (@khushsundar) July 23, 2013
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first