Southern industry in shock at actress Manjula Vijaykumar's sudden death
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali: Sushma on Rahul's anti-graft efforts
- China should shed expansionist mindset: Narendra Modi
- Days after former Mumbai commissioner, another top cop quits post to join BJP
- Allegations against Mata Amritanandamayi's ashram serious: Pinarayi Vijayan
Veteran actress Manjula Vijayakumar, who had worked in more than 100 films in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada, died in Chennai today due to a stomach injury. She was 59.
Manjula is survived by husband, actor Vijayakumar and three daughters who had also acted in Tamil films as heroines.
Manjula made her debut as a supporting actress in a 1969 film Shanthi Nilayam. She was seen in her first lead role in Rickshawkaran (1971).
In the late '80s, Manjula was seen in supporting roles. She has worked with the likes of NTR, Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini Ganesan, Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth.
As the news of her demise spread, southern actors took to Twitter to mourn the loss of the late actress.
Deepest condolences to Thirumathi Manjula Vijayakumar's family ,the film industry has lost another versatile actor and a good human being— Sarath Kumar (@realsarathkumar) July 23, 2013
RIP manjula vijayakumar aunty..adorable n affectionate. .you lived life queen size. a great mother n friend..remembering all the laughter. .— aishwaryaa.r.dhanush (@ash_r_dhanush) July 23, 2013
Rip Manjula aunty:(Thx fr always wishn me well.Heartfelt condolences 2 uncle,preeta, papa n d family.Losin a parent is an inxplainable pain.— Trisha krishnan (@trishtrashers) July 23, 2013
RIP Manjula aunty..life will. Never be the same without u..u will alwz b d most beautiful woman to me..love u so much..— khushbusundar (@khushsundar) July 23, 2013
Khushbu further tweeted:
My kids will miss their lovable ammama n my hubby his GF..u wr instrumental in getting me married..I owe my happiness 2 u..bye bye beautiful— khushbusundar (@khushsundar) July 23, 2013
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express