Southern Star Horse Show: 61st Cavalry bag top honours on Day 1
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
The Southern Star Horse Show-2012 got off to a rousing start with National Defence Academy commandant, Lieutenant General Ashok Singh inaugurating the national-level event on Thursday. As many as six events were held on the opening day of the tourney which attracted participants from all over the country and also foreigners. The Indian Army with the biggest contingent at the tourney saw its 61st Cavalry regiment bag top honours on the first day.
In the Cadets U-18 Dressage competition, Arya T astride Gladiator was declared the winner. She was followed by Cadet S Lakeda astride Morning Star. Third place went to Luisa Nietschke astride Emblazon. Cadet P Deshmukh took fourth place astride Guddu.
In the Hacks open category, Jitendra Singh astride Jeet bagged the gold medal. Cadet V Dahiya who rode Victor won the silver medal while Nausheen Khan riding Cinderella pocketed bronze medal. Major Suhel riding Lucky Star stood fourth.
In the ladies Hacks category, Luisa Nietschke riding Emblazon came first followed by Chetna Dixit on Cinderella and Nausheen Khan riding Phoenix bagged the bronze medal. Fourth place went to Naina astride Global.
In the Hunter category trials, Ram Singh astride Arjun clinched first position followed by Cadet S Chauhan who came second riding Guddu. Cadet P Deshmukh who rode astride Titan-II came third. Cadet N Suman who rode Rambo finished fourth.
In the Show Jumping Novice Team event, 61st Cavalry based out of Jaipur and Delhi won the gold medal. The silver medal went to Army Service Corps Centre and College, Bangalore. The bronze medal was won by Remount Training School and Depot, Sahranpur. Another team from the 61st Cavalry bagged fourth position.
In the Show Jumping Novice, individual category event, Captain A Rathi of the 61st Cavalry won the gold medal astride Andaz. PJ Sapkal again of the 61st Cavalry came second astride Master. The bronze medal was pocketed by Mohammed Abrar also of the 61st Cavalry astride Amjad. The 61st Cavalry completed a clean sweep of the event with Major Danny S coming fourth astride Vital Statistics.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence