Southern Star Horse Show: 61st Cavalry bag top honours on Day 1
- 12 players, three new teams, IPL officials and owners named in secret report to SC
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP S Delhi candidate
- In Cong bastion Nandurbar, you can sense straws in shifting wind
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
The Southern Star Horse Show-2012 got off to a rousing start with National Defence Academy commandant, Lieutenant General Ashok Singh inaugurating the national-level event on Thursday. As many as six events were held on the opening day of the tourney which attracted participants from all over the country and also foreigners. The Indian Army with the biggest contingent at the tourney saw its 61st Cavalry regiment bag top honours on the first day.
In the Cadets U-18 Dressage competition, Arya T astride Gladiator was declared the winner. She was followed by Cadet S Lakeda astride Morning Star. Third place went to Luisa Nietschke astride Emblazon. Cadet P Deshmukh took fourth place astride Guddu.
In the Hacks open category, Jitendra Singh astride Jeet bagged the gold medal. Cadet V Dahiya who rode Victor won the silver medal while Nausheen Khan riding Cinderella pocketed bronze medal. Major Suhel riding Lucky Star stood fourth.
In the ladies Hacks category, Luisa Nietschke riding Emblazon came first followed by Chetna Dixit on Cinderella and Nausheen Khan riding Phoenix bagged the bronze medal. Fourth place went to Naina astride Global.
In the Hunter category trials, Ram Singh astride Arjun clinched first position followed by Cadet S Chauhan who came second riding Guddu. Cadet P Deshmukh who rode astride Titan-II came third. Cadet N Suman who rode Rambo finished fourth.
In the Show Jumping Novice Team event, 61st Cavalry based out of Jaipur and Delhi won the gold medal. The silver medal went to Army Service Corps Centre and College, Bangalore. The bronze medal was won by Remount Training School and Depot, Sahranpur. Another team from the 61st Cavalry bagged fourth position.
In the Show Jumping Novice, individual category event, Captain A Rathi of the 61st Cavalry won the gold medal astride Andaz. PJ Sapkal again of the 61st Cavalry came second astride Master. The bronze medal was pocketed by Mohammed Abrar also of the 61st Cavalry astride Amjad. The 61st Cavalry completed a clean sweep of the event with Major Danny S coming fourth astride Vital Statistics.
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief
- Man who made hoax calls to Jet Airways acquitted
- Metro not quite a vote puller for people in areas it runs
- Stir ends, BEST postpones new work schedule to June 1
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful