SP announces 7 more candidates
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Besides Agra, the party has also changed its candidate for Lalganj (reserved) seat. Now, the it has chosen former MP Daroga Prasad Saroj in place of Doodhnath Saroj.
Sachin Singh Yadav, sone of Narendra Singh Yadav, who is the Minister of State for Home Guards, Prantiya Rakshak Dal and Vocational Education, has been named for Farrukhabad.
The other candidates include Hira Lal Yadav, who is a former chairman of Zila Panchayat from Faizabad, for Ambedkar Nagar and former MLA Abdul Kalam for Sant Kabir Nagar. With this, the SP has declared candidates for 70 of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in UP.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties