SP eyes N-E, fields 13 for Meghalaya Elections
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
Expanding its domain, Samajwadi Party for the first time announced fielding of candidates in Meghalaya Assembly elections.
The party released a list of 13 candidates which includes several former ministers and former MLAs.
Prominent among them are Braining A Sangma, who was MLA in 1993, 1998 and 2008 besides being a former excise and PWD minister, Augustine D'Mark who is also a three-term MLA in 1993, 1998 and 2008 and was civil supplies minister, Manirul Islam Sarcar who was MLA in 1993 and 2003 and was agriculture and horticulture minister.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota