SP eyes N-E, fields 13 for Meghalaya Elections
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Expanding its domain, Samajwadi Party for the first time announced fielding of candidates in Meghalaya Assembly elections.
The party released a list of 13 candidates which includes several former ministers and former MLAs.
Prominent among them are Braining A Sangma, who was MLA in 1993, 1998 and 2008 besides being a former excise and PWD minister, Augustine D'Mark who is also a three-term MLA in 1993, 1998 and 2008 and was civil supplies minister, Manirul Islam Sarcar who was MLA in 1993 and 2003 and was agriculture and horticulture minister.
- Woman murdered, body found in trunk
- Identity politics
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express