SP govt allots offices to its advisers in Maya memorials
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Politicians who have been given minister of state status along with their appointment as advisers, chairmen and vice-chairmen in various departments in the Samajwadi Party government will be given luxurious offices in the administrative blocks of memorials and parks that were built during the Mayawati government to commemorate Dalit icons.
The new appointees are likely to be accommodated in the administrative buildings of Kanshiram Memorial, Kanshiram Eco Green Garden, Buddha Vihar Shanti Upvan and Ramabai Ambedkar Maidan.
The state government has already allotted two rooms to Ribu Srivastava to set up her office on the first floor of the administrative block of Kanshiram Eco Green Garden on VIP road. The Akhilesh Yadav government appointed Ribu as advisor in the advisory board of the Women Welfare Department.
On the same floor, two rooms have been allotted to Abid Khan, chairman of National Integration Council. This administrative block was being used by the maintenance and management staff of the park. The staff have been asked to vacate these rooms at the earliest, sources said.
The government will soon allot office space to Pradeep Yadav, consultant in the Minimum Wages Advisory Council of UP. Sources said that Yadav has demanded space in Kanshiram Eco Green Garden.
The Labour Department has given directions regarding allotment to A P Tiwari, member secretary of the high-level committee meant to supervise management, security and maintenance of memorials, museums, institutions, parks and gardens.
Tiwari told The Indian Express that the government had decided to use large spaces in the administrative blocks of the memorials that were lying unused. "Rooms in the memorial buildings will be given on rent for government offices," Tiwari said.
The departments concerned will pay rent for the space given to the consultants and chairpersons.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2