SP govt gifts Dimple’s constituency a cricket stadium
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Dimple Yadav's Lok Sabha constituency Kannauj will get an international standard cricket stadium, spread over 80 acres, from the UP government.
"We have shortlisted four options for the site and the final decision will be taken by the government. Once the site is finalised, we will start the process of land acquisition," Dr Adarsh Singh, district magistrate of Kannauj, said. He said the site selection was likely to take plane in one week.
The cricket stadium will be under the Sports Department and will be constructed by the government, unlike the proposed international-level cricket stadium and academy at Lucknow, which will be developed on public-private partnership model.
The state's lone international standard Green Park stadium in Kanpur is under renovation. Test matches are not held at Lucknow's K D Singh Babu stadium.
"The Kannauj stadium will be much superior in facilities compared to Lucknow and Kanpur stadiums. It will become the venue for international matches," an official said.
The stadium will have a capacity of 35,000. It will have all features necessary for organising international matches, including floodlights for day-night matches. Additional sports facilities for indoor games, track and field events will also be developed.
SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav's ancestral village Saifai in Etawah already has a stadium with facilities for cricket matches and other sports.
After Dimple was elected unopposed from Kannauj in a by-election last year, her husband and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had announced several development projects for the constituency.
The list included a pontoon bridge on the Ganga connecting Hardoi and Kannauj, a paramedical institute on Kannauj-Auraiya road, a cancer institute and heart research centre in Kannauj Medical College, a Lohia park, a workshop for UP State Road Transport Corporation, a trauma centre in the district hospital, three fire stations, a training centre for the Sashastra Seema Bal, a dairy plant and much else.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express