SP govt revives Yash Bharti Award
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
After a gap of five years, the state government has begun the exercise for selection of candidates to confer the Yash Bharti award in February.
All DMs have been asked by the Culture Department to invite applications from aspirants. The Yash Bharti award was started as an annual award by Mulayam Singh Yadav in 1994 but it was discontinued by Mayawati.
The applications collected at the district level till December 31 will be forwarded to the director of the Culture Department. After initial screening, a three-member committee, comprising Culture Minister Aruna Kori, Principal Secretary of Culture Manoj Kumar Singh and Director of Culture will finalise the name of the awardee which will be sent to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for approval.
Minister of State for Culture Aruna Kori stated that 10 applications in each field will be shortlisted. "We hope to complete all the formalities in the next two months,'' the minister said.