SP includes SCs in its recommended list of backward castes
- Raghuram Rajan: Should focus on structural reforms, not get fixated with growth numbers
- Looking for God’s own country: Kerala's missing and signs of radicalisation
- Arunchal Pradesh: Pema Khandu sworn in as CM, Chowna Mein as deputy
- 'Talk to AK': Arvind Kejriwal holds interactive session with citizens
- Made us beggars, stop adventurism by governors: CMs at Inter-State Council meeting
The SP leaders have been saying that they will recommend to the Centre to include 17 backward castes in the list of SCs. These 17 castes are Kahar, Kashyap, Dhivar, Dhimar, Kevat, Mallah, Nishad, Bind, Gond, Kumhar, Prajapati, Bhar, Rajbhar, Machhua, Manjhi, Turaiha and Batham.
In order to gather support of these castes for their move, the party is organising a rally at its state headquarters on Saturday, which will be addressed by Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh.
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago
- Kashmir poses not just moral but also existential questions involving statecraft
- New FDI policy in food products is unlikely to be a game-changer by itself
- Swathi murder case in Chennai must trigger a move to enact strong witness protection laws
- A new government in Nepal does not hold out any promise of greater stability
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people