SP leaderís cousin shot in Shahjahanpur
- Lalit Modi to P Chidambaram: My passport was cancelled illegally by you
- Delhi Police to file chargesheet against Arvind Kejriwal, 20 AAP MLAs
- IIT JEE (Advanced) 2015 results out, MP girl Satvat Jagwani tops exam
- CBI registers case against Shankersinh Vaghela in land scam case
- Congress guns for resignations of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
A 27-year-old property dealer, who was the cousin of a local Samajwadi Party leader and Shahjahanpur Municipal Board chairman Tanveer Ahmed, was allegedly murdered by two brothers of a girl in Sadar Bazar police station area of Shahjahanpur district Saturday morning.
Tanzeem Ahmed had reportedly threatened the girl's family recently, saying that if she was not sent to him he would forcibly take her away.
Police said Tanzeem was sitting outside his house in Mahmand Jalalnagar locality at 11 am when two youths on a motorbike fired two shots from a double-barrel gun and drove away. Tanzeem died in hospital.
Rajeshwar Singh, Circle Officer (City), said the assailants had been identified as Pappu and Mohsin, sons of Mehdi Hassan, who is the driver of a sub-divisional magistrate in Shahjahanpur. Both the accused are absconding.