SP MLA ‘manhandles’ doc over pvt practice
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
A government doctor posted at Sidharth Nagar district hospital was allegedly manhandled by SP MLA Vijay Kumar and his associates Saturday. The MLA accused Dr Mahesh Prasad of doing private practice. Cross-FIRs have been lodged into the incident.
Angry over the incident, doctors in Sidharth Nagar staged a protest demanding the arrest of the MLA. They closed down the OPD at the hospital and threatened to shut other services if their demands were not met soon.
"If Dr Prasad was involved in private practice then the MLA should have complained about him and get legal action initiated instead of attacking him," said Dr RB Ram, chief of Sidharth Nagar unit of Provincial Medical Services.
Vijay Kumar, a first-time MLA, alleged that Dr Prasad attacked him with a blunt object when he took his photographs doing private practice in a rented room.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since