SP MLA 'manhandles' doctor for ‘private practice’
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A Government doctor posted at Sidharth Nagar District Hospital was allegedly manhandled by Samajwadi Party MLA Vijay Kumar and his associates who stormed into his rented room Saturday afternoon. The MLA accused Dr Mahesh Prasad of carrying out private practice. Cross-FIRs have been lodged into the incident.
Angry over the incident, government doctors in Sidharth Nagar staged protest at the gate of the district hospital demanding the arrest of the MLA and others. The doctors closed down the OPD services at the hospital and threatened to close down other services if their demands were not met soon.
Dr R B Ram, president of Siddharthnagar district unit of Provincial Medical Services (PMS), said the association would initiate state-wide agitation if action was not taken into the matter soon. "If Dr Prasad was involved in private practice, the MLA should have complained about him and got legal action initiated instead of attacking him," he said.
A first-time MLA from Kapilvastu seat in Sidharth Nagar, Vijay Kumar alleged that Dr Prasad attacked him with a blunt object when he took his photographs while he was busy in private practice at the rented room at Naugarh Baansi Marg.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Sidharth Nagar, Ashok Kumar Verma said cross-FIRs have been lodged by both parties. "The picture would be clear after investigation," he said.
A native of Deoria, Dr Prasad, 48, has been posted at the Sidharth Nagar District Hospital for the last 8 years. He is working there as a physician and was allotted a flat on the campus.
Dr Prasad, however, had also taken a room on rent at Naugarh Baansi Marg.
According to Dr Prasad, on Friday at 3.30 pm, a youth came to his room and complained of medical problem. He was checking the youth when the MLA, along with his associates, forcibly came inside and started abusing him. "The MLA took out a video camera and started shooting inside my room. When I tried to explain him that he was mistaken, the MLA and his associates thrashed me following which I suffered injury on my face," said Dr Prasad.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it