SP MLA 'manhandles' doctor for ‘private practice’
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Dr Prasad alleged that Vijay Kumar acted against him because on Tuesday, when Minister of State for Medical & Health Shankh Lal Majhi came for inspection at the hospital, he gave a reply which made the minister angry. "There was a misunderstanding which was settled after intervention of senior doctors of the hospital. I am sure the MLA acted against me for the same issue," he added.
Meanwhile, Chief Medical Superintendent of the hospital, Dr Ram Chandar said that during inspection when the minister reached the general ward, he found a patient had bought an injection from the market. The minister got annoyed over this and said when if medicines and injections are available in the hospital why patients are being asked to buy medicine from outside.
"Dr Prasad, who was looking after the patient, interrupted the minister and said that doctors never ask patients to buy medicine from the market. The patients themselves prefer buying medicines from outside. The minister got annoyed on being interrupted in the middle. The situation was brought under control after senior doctors intervened and asked Dr Prasad to keep quiet," said the CMS.
When contacted, Vijay Kumar denied that the altercation with Dr Prasad was a sequel to Tuesday's incident. He said, for the last few months, locals were complaining to him against Dr Prasad for misbehaving with them in the hospital and forcing them to come to his private clinic.
"When I went to Dr Prasad's room, I found around 100 patients waiting. When I questioned him for being involved in private practice, he started abusing me. When I took out a camera to shoot the activity, he hit me with a blunt object following which I suffered injury on my head," alleged the MLA.
He added that before acting against Dr Prasad, he had complained to the district administration and the government also.
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first