SP MLA passes away in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Mahesh Narain Singh, Samajwadi Party MLA from Handia in Allahabad, died due to illness in Delhi on Monday. SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav expressed grief over his death.
Murder accused escapes from custody
Banda: A murder accused has escaped from police custody outside the district jail here, police said on Monday. Narendra Kewat was brought here Sunday night for a hearing from Bareilly central jail by two constables. The accused, however, managed to dodge the cops and fled when they were taking him inside the prison, they said. The constables have been arrested and an FIR has been registered against them, they said, adding that a manhunt has been launched to nab Kewat.