SP MLA’s aide held for ‘raping’ girl
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by an employee of Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Jagram Paswan in City Kotwali police station area of Balrampur district.
The girl was allegedly abducted on Tuesday night and released by the accused last evening.
Balrampur Additional SP (ASP) Manik Chand Saroj, who is officiating as SP, said that a case of abduction and rape was registered today and the accused arrested.
The medical examination of the victim has been conducted and the report is awaited, Saroj confirmed.
He said that Rakesh (18), who is employed at the office of the local MLA, had allegedly abducted the 14-year-old on Tuesday night and kept her in the office. The girl alleged that Rakesh raped her in the office, issuing life threats, and left her near her house on Wednesday.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now