SP MLA’s aide held for ‘raping’ girl
- Raghuram Rajan: Should focus on structural reforms, not get fixated with growth numbers
- Looking for God’s own country: Kerala's missing and signs of radicalisation
- Arunchal Pradesh: Pema Khandu sworn in as CM, Chowna Mein as deputy
- 'Talk to AK': Arvind Kejriwal holds interactive session with citizens
- Made us beggars, stop adventurism by governors: CMs at Inter-State Council meeting
A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by an employee of Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Jagram Paswan in City Kotwali police station area of Balrampur district.
The girl was allegedly abducted on Tuesday night and released by the accused last evening.
Balrampur Additional SP (ASP) Manik Chand Saroj, who is officiating as SP, said that a case of abduction and rape was registered today and the accused arrested.
The medical examination of the victim has been conducted and the report is awaited, Saroj confirmed.
He said that Rakesh (18), who is employed at the office of the local MLA, had allegedly abducted the 14-year-old on Tuesday night and kept her in the office. The girl alleged that Rakesh raped her in the office, issuing life threats, and left her near her house on Wednesday.
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago
- Kashmir poses not just moral but also existential questions involving statecraft
- New FDI policy in food products is unlikely to be a game-changer by itself
- Swathi murder case in Chennai must trigger a move to enact strong witness protection laws
- A new government in Nepal does not hold out any promise of greater stability
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people