SP MLA’s aide held for ‘raping’ girl
- Hyderabad: Body of Dalit student, who committed suicide, sent for autopsy amid protests
- 'Dawood of Tamil Nadu' says ready to return from Dubai for 'fair trial'
- Ink attack on Kejriwal sparks war of words, AAP calls it a BJP conspiracy
- 'Widespread' match-fixing allegations hit tennis, Grand Slam winners involved
- In fact: Why Nawaz won’t buck the Pak army on Pathankot
A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by an employee of Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Jagram Paswan in City Kotwali police station area of Balrampur district.
The girl was allegedly abducted on Tuesday night and released by the accused last evening.
Balrampur Additional SP (ASP) Manik Chand Saroj, who is officiating as SP, said that a case of abduction and rape was registered today and the accused arrested.
The medical examination of the victim has been conducted and the report is awaited, Saroj confirmed.
He said that Rakesh (18), who is employed at the office of the local MLA, had allegedly abducted the 14-year-old on Tuesday night and kept her in the office. The girl alleged that Rakesh raped her in the office, issuing life threats, and left her near her house on Wednesday.
- Reduction in interest burden could prevent more companies heading towards bankruptcy
- Two decades after Bathani massacre, the families of victims wait for justice
- A harvest-time gift: New crop insurance scheme is welcome
- After playing odds and evens, the challenge is sustainable improvement
- Make education creative, encourage risk-taking and expand the idea of success
- Across the Aisle: To talk or not to talk with Pakistan