SP MLA’s aide held for ‘raping’ girl
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by an employee of Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency Jagram Paswan in City Kotwali police station area of Balrampur district.
The girl was allegedly abducted on Tuesday night and released by the accused last evening.
Balrampur Additional SP (ASP) Manik Chand Saroj, who is officiating as SP, said that a case of abduction and rape was registered today and the accused arrested.
The medical examination of the victim has been conducted and the report is awaited, Saroj confirmed.
He said that Rakesh (18), who is employed at the office of the local MLA, had allegedly abducted the 14-year-old on Tuesday night and kept her in the office. The girl alleged that Rakesh raped her in the office, issuing life threats, and left her near her house on Wednesday.