SP MLA’s driver arrested for accident
- Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh set to fall, MLAs leave party en-masse
- Mulayam Singh clears air on rift within SP, says 'there will no division in the party, till I am here'
- Two teens gangraped in front of friends in outer Delhi's Aman Vihar, four held
- Rat on your ‘subversive’ relatives: Top law school’s draft service rules
- Supreme Court stays NGT order over Delhi Metro's Noida line construction
The Faizabad police on Wednesday arrested Satya Prakash Singh, driver of Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh's SUV, for allegedly knocking down two college girls and a boy in Cantonment area yesterday.
The driver was booked under section 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the IPC.
Ram Veer Singh Yadav, Station Officer of Cantt police station, said Satya Prakash was produced before court which released him on bail. He said that the vehicle was still lying at the police station premises.
While the two girls, Shalu and Priyanka, have been discharged from hospital, 14-year-old Arjun Rawat is still admitted at the Faizabad district hospital.
Arjun was going to the market when he was hit by the SUV from behind. He had suffered two fractures, one on the neck and another in the ribs. Shalu suffered injuries on both legs and head.
- PDS has improved in West Bengal, but it’s still not up to mark
- Modi understood strategic importance of Uzbekistan, yet India ignored Karimov’s death
- Reservation is a necessary remedy for discrimination against Dalits
- Mayawati aims to win over Muslims, other social groups to expand BSP base
- The Opposition is making Narendra Modi look larger than he is
- Vector control requires action at household level and robust public health systems