SP MLA’s driver arrested for accident
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Faizabad police on Wednesday arrested Satya Prakash Singh, driver of Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh's SUV, for allegedly knocking down two college girls and a boy in Cantonment area yesterday.
The driver was booked under section 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the IPC.
Ram Veer Singh Yadav, Station Officer of Cantt police station, said Satya Prakash was produced before court which released him on bail. He said that the vehicle was still lying at the police station premises.
While the two girls, Shalu and Priyanka, have been discharged from hospital, 14-year-old Arjun Rawat is still admitted at the Faizabad district hospital.
Arjun was going to the market when he was hit by the SUV from behind. He had suffered two fractures, one on the neck and another in the ribs. Shalu suffered injuries on both legs and head.
She got four stitches on head. Shalu's mother Renu Devi said her daughter was still unable to walk properly. "On the advice of doctor, we got her discharged from the hospital," she added. Shalu's friend Priyanka suffered minor injuries on the legs.