SP MLA’s driver arrested for accident
- Donald Trump mocks Indian call center, but says India a great nation
- China’s Azhar snub: India gets back with visa for rebel leader on Beijing blacklist
- Punjab: Youth charged with abduction and rape of Dalit girl surrenders in Muktsar
- AUDIO: Interview with CPM leader VS Achuthanandan
- Obama says Queen Elizabeth II 'one of my favourite people', ends UK visit
The Faizabad police on Wednesday arrested Satya Prakash Singh, driver of Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh's SUV, for allegedly knocking down two college girls and a boy in Cantonment area yesterday.
The driver was booked under section 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the IPC.
Ram Veer Singh Yadav, Station Officer of Cantt police station, said Satya Prakash was produced before court which released him on bail. He said that the vehicle was still lying at the police station premises.
While the two girls, Shalu and Priyanka, have been discharged from hospital, 14-year-old Arjun Rawat is still admitted at the Faizabad district hospital.
Arjun was going to the market when he was hit by the SUV from behind. He had suffered two fractures, one on the neck and another in the ribs. Shalu suffered injuries on both legs and head.
- The new alignment of incentives, unrest could make reservations an important political axis
- Pak seems to have woken up to the menace of an extremist consensus wrongly based on religion
- BJP won LS majority because of high corruption & even higher inflation under UPA
- Ram Madhav’s assertions do not match the ideological discourse of the RSS
- CCTVs and training courses in Oxford can’t transform school education. Mindsets need to change.
- In Tihar, more the murders, the greater your status; greater the loot, the bigger the status