SP MLA's son held for 'slapping' teacher, gets bail
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
Three days after he allegedly slapped a woman teacher of Amity University, Abhinav Gupta — son of Samajwadi Party MLA from Bidhuna, Pramod Kumar Gupta — was arrested by police near the university campus on Sunday. He was soon released on bail.
Sub-Inspector Brijlal Verma, who is investigating the case, said Abhinav denied the allegations against him. Additional SP (Trans-Gomti) Habibul Hasan said police produced the accused before the court of remand magistrate who granted bail to him.
The teacher, Archana Shukla, had lodged a complaint against Abhinav at Chinhat police station.Police had lodged an FIR against Abhinav under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 354-D (continuously harassing a girl by following her or staring at her).
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit