SP MLA’s SUV knocks down three students
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A rashly driven SUV of Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh knocked down two girl students of the local inter college and a boy, leaving them injured, in cantonment police station area of Faizabad district on Tuesday morning.
The driver fled, leaving the vehicle at the spot, and is yet to be arrested. The injured are undergoing treatment at the district hospital where the condition of one girl was critical.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency and a historysheeter of Gosainganj police station.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Toyota Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to the police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late this evening.
Asked about the accident, SSP Singh said he was busy with VIP duty and not aware of the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
Station Officer Yadav said that an Innova hit three persons, including two students who were going to school, around 8 am near the FCI godown. The vehicle knocked down a boy too. The driver left the vehicle there and fled. Two children who were in school uniform and sitting inside the SUV also left, he said.
Asked about the victims, the SO replied that he was unaware of their identity as he could not visit them in hospital.
The injured were identified as Shalu (17), Priyanka (18) and Arjun (20). Shalu is said to be critical.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun