SP MLA's son held for 'slapping' teacher, gets bail
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
Three days after he allegedly slapped a woman teacher of Amity University, Abhinav Gupta — son of Samajwadi Party MLA from Bidhuna, Pramod Kumar Gupta — was arrested by police near the university campus on Sunday. He was soon released on bail.
Sub-Inspector Brijlal Verma, who is investigating the case, said Abhinav denied the allegations against him. Additional SP (Trans-Gomti) Habibul Hasan said police produced the accused before the court of remand magistrate who granted bail to him.
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU
- Why the proposal to build a new Parliament building is a bit jolting
- AIR’s decision to share its rich archives through an online radio station is welcome
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?