SP MLA's son held for 'slapping' teacher, gets bail
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
Three days after he allegedly slapped a woman teacher of Amity University, Abhinav Gupta — son of Samajwadi Party MLA from Bidhuna, Pramod Kumar Gupta — was arrested by police near the university campus on Sunday. He was soon released on bail.
Sub-Inspector Brijlal Verma, who is investigating the case, said Abhinav denied the allegations against him. Additional SP (Trans-Gomti) Habibul Hasan said police produced the accused before the court of remand magistrate who granted bail to him.
The teacher, Archana Shukla, had lodged a complaint against Abhinav at Chinhat police station.Police had lodged an FIR against Abhinav under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 354-D (continuously harassing a girl by following her or staring at her).