SP MLA's son held for 'slapping' teacher, gets bail
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
Three days after he allegedly slapped a woman teacher of Amity University, Abhinav Gupta — son of Samajwadi Party MLA from Bidhuna, Pramod Kumar Gupta — was arrested by police near the university campus on Sunday. He was soon released on bail.
Sub-Inspector Brijlal Verma, who is investigating the case, said Abhinav denied the allegations against him. Additional SP (Trans-Gomti) Habibul Hasan said police produced the accused before the court of remand magistrate who granted bail to him.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump