SP names Raju Srivastava as party candidate for Kanpur LS seat
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Samajwadi Party on Wednesday announced to field standup comedian and actor Raju Srivastava as party candidate from Kanpur in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The name was formally announced by SP national general secretary and spokesman Ram Gopal Yadav in a statement here.
The party also named Bal Kumar Patel and Radhey Mohan Singh as its candidate from Mirzapur and Ghazipur Lok Sabha seats respectively.
Raju, who was born in Kanpur, later shifted to Mumbai.
Kanpur Lok Sabha constituency is presently represented by Union Minister and senior Congress leader Sriprakash Jaiswal.