SP names Raju Srivastava as party candidate for Kanpur LS seat
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
Samajwadi Party on Wednesday announced to field standup comedian and actor Raju Srivastava as party candidate from Kanpur in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The name was formally announced by SP national general secretary and spokesman Ram Gopal Yadav in a statement here.
The party also named Bal Kumar Patel and Radhey Mohan Singh as its candidate from Mirzapur and Ghazipur Lok Sabha seats respectively.
Raju, who was born in Kanpur, later shifted to Mumbai.
Kanpur Lok Sabha constituency is presently represented by Union Minister and senior Congress leader Sriprakash Jaiswal.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready