SP names Raju Srivastava as party candidate for Kanpur LS seat
- Jaswant Singh expelled from BJP for six years
- Congressâs Imran Masood sent to jail; Rahul disapproves of Masood's alleged hate speech, says âthis is not the Cong wayâ
- Sabir Ali says he will file defamation case against Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, claims he is more popular
- I am proud of my 'RSS roots' says Modi, slams Rahul Gandhi
- March 29 Elections round up: Modi says Congress Mukht India, corruption free India; Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi
Samajwadi Party on Wednesday announced to field standup comedian and actor Raju Srivastava as party candidate from Kanpur in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The name was formally announced by SP national general secretary and spokesman Ram Gopal Yadav in a statement here.
The party also named Bal Kumar Patel and Radhey Mohan Singh as its candidate from Mirzapur and Ghazipur Lok Sabha seats respectively.
Raju, who was born in Kanpur, later shifted to Mumbai.
Kanpur Lok Sabha constituency is presently represented by Union Minister and senior Congress leader Sriprakash Jaiswal.