SP student leader booked for ‘assaulting’ Gorakhpur varsity V-C
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Gorakhpur police have booked Samajwadi Party's student wing Samajwadi Chhatra Sabha's national secretary Hareshyam Singh for attempt to murder in connection with the alleged assault on Gorakhpur University Vice-Chancellor P C Trivedi on the university campus last Thursday.
Police have lodged an FIR against Singh and four of his unidentified associates at Cantonment police station under various sections of IPC including 307 (attempt to murder), 353 (Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and 506 (criminal intimidation) on the complaint of the university's chief proctor O P Pandey.
Pandey complained that Singh and his associates had assaulted the V-C and also made a "fatal attack" by hurling stones at his vehicle on Thursday when they had come to meet the V-C demanding that the dates of student union election be declared soon.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.