SP to oppose reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Terming as "ridiculous" the proposal for reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials, Samajwadi Party today said it will oppose the constitutional amendment in this regard in Parliament.
"I think this is absolutely wrong and this should not be done. This is absolutely ridiculous. People have been waiting for 30 years for getting promoted and working hard for it, what will happen to them," SP MP Jaya Bachchan told reporters here.
She said parents take a lot of pain in getting education for their children and hope that they would grow naturally in their careers.
"This reservation in promotion will work against that," she said and asked "Do you want to break this country".
"People have been waiting for 30 years for getting promoted and working hard for it, what will happen to them. They will not get promotion and those with reservations will only get it," she said.
Meanwhile, LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan said his party supported the reservation in promotions for SC/ST officials in government jobs.
On the opposition faced by the proposal in the Rajya Sabha by the SP, he said, "The Bill aims at social justice in society and how come a party which roots the cause oppose it in Parliament.
"SP can have its differences with BSP on other issues but on this cause of social justice, they should not have any," he said.
The BSP has been strongly demanding the clearance of this proposal in both Houses of Parliament in the Winter Session.
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions