Speaker calls Bishnoi ‘fukra’, son of defector
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Minutes after delivering the much-awaited judgement on the five Haryana Janhit Congress MLAs who had crossed over to the Congress, Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma turned combative and triggered a row by dubbing Hisar MP and HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi as a "fukra" (loafer) and a master defector.
It invited sharp reaction from Bishnoi who slammed the Speaker for "raping the Anti-defection Law"
Earlier, firing the first salvo at the HJC chief, the Speaker said: "Bishnoi had said if the Speaker does not decide (the disqualification case soon), he will go to jail. That shows his shallowness, hollowness, lack of education and his upbringing. It shows he is a fukra."
Launching a sharp attack on Bishnoi, son of late Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, the Speaker said, "Bishnoi calls (Rohtak MP and Chief Minister Hooda's son) Deepinder Hooda a chap who has a lot to learn and that the Speakerdegrees should be checked. After hearing him, I have come to know what a fukra is. He (Bishnoi) is an embodiment of fukrapanti. His character is that of a master defector."
In unusually stinging remarks against Bishnoi, Sharma said he had "defected" from Congress.
"He is son of a defector (late Bhajan Lal). He (Bishnoi) wants to hear all this. Chaudhary Bhajan Lal is no more, I wanted to refrain from saying all this, but may be he will understand in this language. His father defected in 1979 and started Aya Ram Gaya Ram politics in the state. He (Bhajan Lal) was known for trading MLAs and had taken pride in of the fact that he traded legislators," the Speaker said, adding "Bishnoi has no answer to charges of corruption and moral turpitude."
As to why he had chosen this day to launch the frontal attack on Bishnoi, the Speaker said, "I was sitting over this judgement, so I had refrained from saying this. Like Lord Krishna, I waited for 101 abuses before replying." Meanwhile, Bishnoi refuted the Speaker's allegations and said he may file a defamation suit after going through the CD of today's news conference.
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express