Speaker calls meeting of floor leaders
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- Odisha: BJP gains on Modi name, Naveen may slip in his toughest fight
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Will ârevise and updateâ Indiaâs n-doctrine, says BJP manifesto
- Tonight in Delhi, an evening of style and class with Pietersen
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened a meeting of floor leaders of parties for Wednesday to discuss the issues they wish to raise during the ensuing Budget Session of Parliament.
The session will get underway with the presidential address to a joint sitting of both the Houses on February 21.
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal will present the Rail Budget on February 26. The economic survey will be tabled the next day. Finance Minister P Chidambaram will present the General Budget on February 28. The session will conclude on May 10 with a month-long recess in between. The recess is intended to enable standing committees to go into budgetary allocations for various ministries in detail.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city