Speaker calls meeting of floor leaders
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened a meeting of floor leaders of parties for Wednesday to discuss the issues they wish to raise during the ensuing Budget Session of Parliament.
The session will get underway with the presidential address to a joint sitting of both the Houses on February 21.
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal will present the Rail Budget on February 26. The economic survey will be tabled the next day. Finance Minister P Chidambaram will present the General Budget on February 28. The session will conclude on May 10 with a month-long recess in between. The recess is intended to enable standing committees to go into budgetary allocations for various ministries in detail.