Speaking in the same voice
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Discordant voices speaking about fiscal measures have given way to a unified acknowledgment of the challenge the Indian economy has not faced since 1991. For instance, containing the consolidated deficit of the Centre and States to 5.4 per cent of the GDP within 2014-15 as per the new fiscal responsibility and budget management despite making additional provision on education, healthcare and food security would require an adjustment of almost 5 to 6 percentage points of GDP.
Subhomoy is a Deputy Editor based in New Delhi.