Special drive launched to check increasing incidents of theft
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut short
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
In wake of the increased incidents of thefts from houses and motor vehicle theft in Chandigarh, the Crime Branch of Chandigarh Police has launched a special drive. In this regard, apart from the the strategies evolved for prevention of this crime, teams have been constituted for the purpose of checking the crime.
The team is headed by Inspector Ranjodh Singh Crime Branch under the supervision of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Crime, Satbir Singh has been formed.
In an apprehension, the team had arrested four persons involved in house and motor vehicle theft from Chandigarh. With the arrest of these four persons, three cases have been solved. Property worth 1.25 lakhs has been recovered from the thieves.
The persons involved in house theft and burglary were arrested on December 15. These persons are Sandeep, resident of Sector 44, Kapil Verma, a resident of Sector 45, and Ashwani and Rishi both residents of Ram Darbar.
Apart from the drive started by the Crime Branch, five cases of motor vehicle thefts and one theft in a house were reported in the city on December 16. Two cases were registered in Police Station Sector 31 while others were in Police Station Sector 17, 19, Manimajra and Sector 36.
Out of the two cases registered in Police Station Sector 31, one of the cases was of a theft of two air conditioners and one motor of water cooler from Deep Complex, Hallo Majra, on the night intervening December 15 and December 16. In the motor vehicle thefts, four two wheelers and a car were stolen.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today