Special trains on Konkan Railway
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
In a bid to lessen the passenger load on existing trains, the Konkan Railway (KR) has announced special trains this summer. The railway has announced five special trains on the Konkan route, the chief spokesperson of the KR, Vaishali Patange, said. These special train services would commence on April 5 and continue till June 9.
These special trains include a daily train between Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)-Karwar (110 up and 109 down); and weekly trains from Dadar to Kochuveli and Ernakulam. The Dadar-Ernakulam Express (166 up and 165 down) would be available between April 8 and June 4, while the Dadar-Kochuveli Express (168 up and 167 down) would commence on April 4 and run till June 8.
To decrease passengers load on the Goa-bound trains, especially on weekends, the KR has also announced special trains to Madgaon. The weekly CSTM-Madgaon train would run from the CST on Friday and Saturday and from Madgaon on Saturday and Sunday. "Passengers can avail of more information about the special trains on www.konkanrailway.com," Vaishali Patange added.