Special trains on Konkan Railway
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
In a bid to lessen the passenger load on existing trains, the Konkan Railway (KR) has announced special trains this summer. The railway has announced five special trains on the Konkan route, the chief spokesperson of the KR, Vaishali Patange, said. These special train services would commence on April 5 and continue till June 9.
These special trains include a daily train between Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)-Karwar (110 up and 109 down); and weekly trains from Dadar to Kochuveli and Ernakulam. The Dadar-Ernakulam Express (166 up and 165 down) would be available between April 8 and June 4, while the Dadar-Kochuveli Express (168 up and 167 down) would commence on April 4 and run till June 8.
To decrease passengers load on the Goa-bound trains, especially on weekends, the KR has also announced special trains to Madgaon. The weekly CSTM-Madgaon train would run from the CST on Friday and Saturday and from Madgaon on Saturday and Sunday. "Passengers can avail of more information about the special trains on www.konkanrailway.com," Vaishali Patange added.