Special trains on Konkan Railway
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
In a bid to lessen the passenger load on existing trains, the Konkan Railway (KR) has announced special trains this summer. The railway has announced five special trains on the Konkan route, the chief spokesperson of the KR, Vaishali Patange, said. These special train services would commence on April 5 and continue till June 9.
These special trains include a daily train between Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)-Karwar (110 up and 109 down); and weekly trains from Dadar to Kochuveli and Ernakulam. The Dadar-Ernakulam Express (166 up and 165 down) would be available between April 8 and June 4, while the Dadar-Kochuveli Express (168 up and 167 down) would commence on April 4 and run till June 8.
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump
- As Russia draws closer to Pakistan and China, India must stop taking it for granted
- A year after, the new constitution is owned only by the political elite
- India urgently wants sporting greatness — but its desire is fraught with dangers
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility