Special trains on Konkan Railway
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In a bid to lessen the passenger load on existing trains, the Konkan Railway (KR) has announced special trains this summer. The railway has announced five special trains on the Konkan route, the chief spokesperson of the KR, Vaishali Patange, said. These special train services would commence on April 5 and continue till June 9.
These special trains include a daily train between Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)-Karwar (110 up and 109 down); and weekly trains from Dadar to Kochuveli and Ernakulam. The Dadar-Ernakulam Express (166 up and 165 down) would be available between April 8 and June 4, while the Dadar-Kochuveli Express (168 up and 167 down) would commence on April 4 and run till June 8.
To decrease passengers load on the Goa-bound trains, especially on weekends, the KR has also announced special trains to Madgaon. The weekly CSTM-Madgaon train would run from the CST on Friday and Saturday and from Madgaon on Saturday and Sunday. "Passengers can avail of more information about the special trains on www.konkanrailway.com," Vaishali Patange added.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid