Speed up pace of development: Panchkula DC to officials
- Cabinet rejects Rahul Gandhi's ordinance agenda, clears Jat reservation
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
The Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula has directed the officials to speed up the pace of developmental works in the district.
The directions were issued by the DC during the review meeting of works of development and panchayat department and rural department. The DC, Ashima Brar, directed officials to speed up the pace of "ongoing development works within the district." Reviewing the works scheme-wise, the DC directed that work be speeded up on the implementation of such schemes like the Mukhyamantri Anusuchit Jati Nirmal Basti Yojana and the third State Finance Commission Scheme. Development works costing near Rs 10 crore are being carried out in the district and out of these, 40 works have been completed and the other 33 are in progress.
The DC directed that the pending works be completed in Feb 2013. The DC also directed officials to ensure the quality of standards of the executed works and to submit utilisation certificates for them in time. During the review of the state government's flagship programme, the Mahatma Gandhi Gramin Basti Yojana, she appreciated the works being carried out in the district and disclosed that in 100 villages of the district, 100 sq yards plots have been allotted to 5,071 beneficiaries and possession and gift deeds of the above plots have been given to the beneficiaries.
She also said that under this scheme, in 79 villages development works at 69 sites have been completed by making an expenditure of around Rs 2 crore. Drawing the attention of the officials towards the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS), Brar directed the concerned officials to ensure that there was maximum participation of women under MGNREGS to make them economically self-reliant. The meeting was also attended by Additional Deputy Commissioner Panchkula, Jagdeep Singh, and district development and panchayat officer Kapil Sharma.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today